About the Author
My name is Sean Blanda and I’m the Managing Editor and Producer of 99U, the “think tank” of Behance in New York City. I’m obsessed with the future of media, especially when it comes to the business side.
I’m also one of the three co-founders of Technically Media though I stepped down from day-to-day operations on May 31, 2012.
I care a lot about Philadelphia, media and the way content is consumed online. I’ve spoken at events like WordCamp, ONA and SXSW. Folio named me one of the 13 under 30 to watch in media, which I thought was very nice of them.
I’m endlessly fascinated with figuring out revenue models for content and journalism. I’ve been quoted in Fast Company and Smart CEO among other publications.
If you’re new here, here are some of the site’s most popular posts:
- We need to reinvent the article (May 2012)
- We need better entrepreneurial journalism courses. Here’s how to fix them (Mar 2012)
- Confessions of a tech journalist: my advice to startups pitching the media (Dec 2011)
- The Jack White school of business (Aug 2011)
- How to design like Barack Obama: control, consistency and change (Nov 2008)
I play lots of soccer, poker and Risk. I drink obscene amounts of Cherry Coke, enjoy the occasional whiskey and the Fourth of July is my favorite holiday.