Hi! I’m Sean Blanda. I build editorial products that serve communities. This site is a collection of my writing. Mostly on media, our public discourse, and other fun things.
Current focus: Editor-in-Chief of GrowthLab and I Will Teach You To Be Rich. Founded by Ramit Sethi, both publications help “top performers” lead richer lives. GrowthLab provides battle-tested techniques for creating an internet-based business. While I Will Teach You To Be Rich is one of the web’s most respected personal finance publications, and is the title of Sethi’s New York Times best-selling book.
Previously, I was the Director and Editor-in-Chief of 99U, the “think-tank” of Adobe’s Behance dedicated to empowering the creative community. There, I led all aspects of editorial including its yearly conference, quarterly magazine, and website. In March 2016, we redesigned and refocused the publication. You can read more about that process here.
I was born and raised in South Jersey. I then moved to nearby Philadelphia to attend Temple University in 2004 where I resided until 2012, when I moved to New York City. I’ve had lots of help along the way.
I care way too much about Philadelphia sports (#trusttheprocess), drink way too much Coca-Cola, think way too much about modern political discourse, and eat way too much Mexican food.
Independence Day is the best holiday and Will Smith movie, Hotel Yorba by The White Stripes is the best song ever made, the state of Colorado has the best flag. I’ve driven cross-country three times and in 2016-17, I took a sabbatical and visited 10 countries in five months.
- I’m one of the co-founders of Technical.ly, a network of local tech news sites based out of Philadelphia and organizers of Philly Tech Week. You can read more about that here.
- I’m the founder of BarCamp NewsInnovation (BCNI) a journalism-focused unconference that takes place yearly in Philadelphia. I am no longer involved in its planning and organization. The conference has since changed its name to “KleinCamp.”
- I wrote Hacking PR, a small ebook to help bootstrapped entrepreneurs pitch the media.
- Work stuff: sean [at] iwt [dot] com
- Personal stuff: scblanda [at] gmail [dot] com
- Twitter: @SeanBlanda
- Instagram: @SeanBlanda
- Spotify: Sean Blanda
Need my headshot/bio for some reason? Hopefully this helps:
Sean Blanda is the Editor-in-Chief of GrowthLab and I Will Teach You To Be Rich, publications that provide battle-tested business and financial advice for top performers. Previously, he was the Editor-in-Chief of Adobe’s 99U and a founder of Technically Media. He currently resides in New York City.
About this site
This site was built in WordPress using the WordPress Naked Theme. The headers are in Adobe Garamond Pro and the body text is in Open Sans. The accent color is e8cb5d. The CSS is of questionable quality. The spacing is abysmal.